Monday, April 14, 2014

My start with Neurontin 300 MG, 600 MG and Baclofen 10MG

On the evening of April 1st I started taking 300 MG of Neurontin, it made me really sleepy that night. The next couple of days I noticed my hands didn't heat up as much or change colors as much but it seemed I was actually achier if that makes sense. By Thursday of that week my hands were back heating up at night though I noticed they weren't heating up as much during the day and the medicine wasn't making me as drowsy as it was when I first started taking it. My physician stated it might also help with the tingling but no luck there.

On the evening of April 8th I titrated up to 600 MG of Neurontin, it made me drowsy like it did when I first started it but that's all I noticed. The next morning I almost snatched a hole out of the wall with my forehead because I couldn't balance myself when I attempted to walk. I had to sit down twice and decide if I was going into work that morning or just work from home. I was at some point able to center my gait and make it to work. I took the medicine again that evening because I read the side effect was temporary, it was thankfully! The next morning I had the usual issues with balance, well maybe they were a little more intense but NOTHING like what I experienced the morning before. The pain in my limbs however seemed to continue. I wasn't sure if it was the Neurontin or not but I decided to start the Baclofen on April 13th instead of waiting until the 15th. 

On April 13th I started taking 10MG of Baclofen, the directions reads, "Take up to 3 times per day"  but I don't think I can take it at that level at this time. I took the Baclofen during the daytime hours but once I took the 600 MG of Neurontin I was a little bit spacy and extremely drowsy. 

Today, April 14th I took 20MG of Baclofen because my limbs have been aching like crazy, I also feel like I'm coming down with a cold but I've read that can be a side effect of the Neurontin... Umm, why am I taking that "ish" ("ish" means sh*t, crap or ca-ca) again? Why MAN, WHY?!









I titrate up to 900 MG of Neurontin tomorrow, I'll be back with an update. I'm not certain if it's a keeper but I've heard horror stories about Lyrica too so I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't it seems. Can I get some herbal medication? I'm just saying...

Be blessed in all you do.

One love, warm light 

No comments:

Post a Comment