Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Oh No She DIDN'T! And HER too!

Greetings beautiful spirits!
I've been having some technical difficulties as I like to term my MS symptoms. My hands have been like a box of crayola crayons and my body has been a playground for pain.
Spasticity in my arms and legs have held me hostage after work. I have been packing a little each day (I'm moving soon) and just trying to keep up with being a mother to my son.
I admit there are days when I just want to take a shower and go straight to bed but I don't, I do everything that is expected of me to the best of my abilities and I push through the discomfort. I don't feel I should sugar coat my post and give people who do not have a chronic illness the impression we don't have pain or don't have tough days because we DO! It's all about how a person chooses to handle their day or how much a person chooses to divulge to others. I personally have never been big on sharing much when it comes to pain and discomfort, I just work through it as much as I can. I might mention it to someone I'm extremely comfortable with but even then I won't discuss it often.
What I CAN tell you bothers me is some of the comments I get from people in reference to MS.
One of my coworkers kept saying "She looks good to have MS. I mean she doesn't look sick at all." -Blank Stare-
Another coworker asked me if I was cold today, and I said yes. She said, "I'm not cold, you must have low blood". I said, "No, I have MS". She said, "Oh please, you have low blood. My cousin has MS and she's not cold all of the time." *Please insert my side "I could have punched her in the eye" eye here* I took a deep breath and I said, "Everyone with MS is different, I'm not your cousin so please don't say things like that". She said, "Well, I'm just saying I know someone else with MS and they aren't cold. What do you want me to do, baby you? There's nothing wrong with you, you're alright". I surprisingly didn't curse this lady out, instead I said, "I never asked you to baby me, what I would LIKE for you to do is to respect me, stop trying to diagnose me with low blood and stop comparing me to your family member as well as your friend. As I stated, everyone who has MS is different". She replied, "Well I can't diagnose you, you've already been diagnosed, I was just saying...". I looked at her and said, "I like your jacket, it's nice".  Sometimes you have to CHOOSE to be the bigger person and just let it go. Phew!
I WILL either create a post of things you shouldn't say to THIS person with MS or a video. Tell which one you think would be more entertaining. See, I'm nice I didn't even call her a bat-a-lac but I wanted toooooooooo! LOL!

One love, warm light



















No comments:

Post a Comment