Sunday, March 16, 2014

Snap, Crackle, Pop! OUCH!!!

Diagnosis journey continued (we're almost there)
●December 10th I went to Palmetto Imaging for my MRI with and without contrast, they also took my chest X-Rays
My fingers lost feeling during the MRI, the tech asked me if that happens often and I thought "Uh oh".
My body is a tingling factory but the aches move around from limb to limb. The headaches are now random and a lot more seldom but the incontinence is crazy! Constipation set in as well with the wonderful month of December! Considering I eat veggies, juice and haven't touched a land animal in 8 years you can imagine my reaction. 
●Oh I forgot to mention back around the first weekend into December I slept for about 10 hrs. I am a TRUE insomniac, I have been for years and the MS made it worse so I was confused by all of this. The crazy part is I still felt exhausted afterwards. This continued for about two weeks, I would wake up during these long bouts of sleep but I would feel exhausted no matter how long I slept. 
I also forgot to mention my Vitamin D levels dropped AGAIN! I was still taking the 500 IU but it dropped to 16.9 so he upped it to 5000 IU per day. Watch that Vitamin D ladies and gentlemen!
●12/13 I'm reading on my bed and what felt like a bolt of electricity shocked my left hand! I said some words I won't repeat here but just know it would take a load of soap to wash my mouth out. That sh*t hurt SO BAD! Like how does your body electrocute itself? WTH yo?! It happened again a few minutes later and I was looking like Pookie in New Jack City (Please search Google for Pookie in New Jack City for your reference).
●12/14 I received a call asking if I could stop by for my test results. I knew something was up because I gave them permission to give me my results over the phone so I figured MS or Sarcoidosis. 
I went in to speak with the doctor who said BROWN people like me typically don't get MS only to be told the results of my scan are consistent with MS. I wish this were the end but it isn't. He said I had optic neuritis in my right eye, they could see a lot of fluid around my eye which made sense because I could feel it. He said he was sending me to ANOTHER ophthalmologist neurologist to treat my eye with IV steroids for most likely three days. -Sigh-
●12/26 I went to see the doctor who was SUPPOSED to treat my eye, he informs me he feels it has shown slight improvement since my last exam and has decided NOT to treat my eye but to allow it to heal on its own. "Say what?!" Now I'm thinking I should punch him in his right eye and we can both be left eye together...
He proceeds to tell me he doesn't know anything about my case, flips through my chart, ask me a couple of questions and finally says, "I think your immune system is attacking itself, I would rule out lupus or sarcoidosis but I think maybe transverse myelitis should be considered". I grabbed my coat and thought to myself, YOU sir can keep your transverse myelitis, I will keep my MS because - A. I didn't ASK you and B. That can be worse, oh and did I mention I didn't ask you. Now I'm back going to my PCP AGAIN because I need yet another doctor! 
SMH Besides, I'm thinking... they wouldn't give me Lyme Disease when I picked it I'll be damned if he gives me something that could be worse! I'll take my MS and keep it moving. 
●12/27 It's my birthday, I'm happy but having mixed emotions when suddenly my hands become HOT! I look down and they are literally a different color. Yes family this is when I notice the erythromelalgia. I'm like a damn super hero or something. If only I could give people common sense whenever my hands or feet change colors. Or sanity!  I'll post more about erythromelalgia soon.
●1/6 I go to see my "stand in" PCP and he has NO clue I've had an MRI, X-Ray's or blood test. This man is talking about the CAT Scan I had back in Nov. he also proceeds to tell me I showed activity on a lupus test. HUH?! So like when were you going to tell me this? It's JANUARY!
When I finally get a word in to tell him about the test results he says, "Well that's consistent with MS". NO SH*T Sherlock!
A new neurologist and a second opinion.

This blog makes my photos look much lighter, my hand is a very deep, dark red and it is swollen.
My MRI Report

No comments:

Post a Comment